RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj  AlbumAlbum  Chat

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Electrical problem Honda shadow VT1100 1988
Autor Wiadomość
ClintBarton 

Motocykl: yamhaa
Wysłany: 2018-06-04, 09:41   Electrical problem Honda shadow VT1100 1988

HI,

Looking for some help!!!!! I am having trouble with my bike.....the battery is discharging on its own....I charged it with a full charge....the two days that followed I rode around without any problems.....the third day I took a ride for about 1 hour, came out of the coffee shop, went to start the bike and the battery didn't have enough power to turn over the motor....I pushed started it but it didn't want to stay running once I put it in gear. Last night charged the battery and today put it in the bike and it started right up....rode it for about 45 minutes, waited for about half an hour before starting it up again, and it started , no problem. I am thinking that maybe it is the voltage regulator or maybe the alternator....can anyone help me out with this?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.totalmotorcyc...php?f=17&t=4611
Motion graphics animation studio

thanks!
Ostatnio zmieniony przez ClintBarton 2018-06-05, 16:11, w całości zmieniany 2 razy  

potfur 
miś przekliniak

Motocykl: VT 1100 C 86, TDM 850 3VD '91
Wysłany: 2018-06-04, 09:50   

As they already said - do you have multimeter? If so, check output voltage of an alternator (approx. 70V AC), and on the battery connector (approx 14,5V DC).
Also try to put the multimeter between battery and connector (motorcycle turned off) and check if there is no "leak" (set multimeter to amperes).

MARQ 
f.k.a. Konar

Motocykl: VT125c 99'; VT1100A.C.E. 94-95'
Wysłany: 2018-06-04, 14:26   Re: Electrical problem Honda shadow VT1100 1988

ClintBarton napisał/a:
HI,

.....the third day I took a ride for about 1 hour, came out of the coffee shop, went to start the bike and the battery didn't have enough power to turn over the motor....I pushed started it but it didn't want to stay running once I put it in gear.

Thanks!

please clarify, are you sure that the battery was empty:
"the battery didn't have enough power to turn over the motor"
- does it made any sound? any click, click? or just silence...
- was the gearbox in neutral when trying?

"I pushed started it but it didn't want to stay running once I put it in gear."
- if motor started after the push, the gearbox had to be on the run/gear: it was first or second gear?

in a different words:
make sure that the sidestand was folded (not spread/extended) when gear was turned on.
the alternator won't start, when motor is on the gear even if the clutch is pressed.
sometimes people forget about this feature and are looking for a trouble.
then check the battery state and check the alternator
and as mentioned below, the power leaking.

maybe you have a cigarette lighter socket attached on the bike straight to the battery,
it can help with first simple check: you could use some simple voltage meter from china to check the battery voltage when motor is turned off (value about 12V DC), and the alternator charging after voltage regulation when motor is on (value about 14V DC).
without the need of using multimeter - if you don't know for example how or don't have any ;)
but you will not check the alternator charging as is - before voltage regulation (that value 70V AC).

best regards,

Odpowiedz do tematu